The World Of ABC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World Of ABC

Site Under New Managment

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OMG!!! Men on road to extinction !!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ravstar
Administrator & Legend

OMG!!! Men on road to extinction !!! Empty
PostSubject: OMG!!! Men on road to extinction !!!   OMG!!! Men on road to extinction !!! I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:16 am

21 May 2009

The researcher in human sex chromosomes said the male Y chromosome was dying and could run out within the next five million years.
But Professor Graves said men may follow the path of a type of rodent which still manages to reproduce despite not having the vital genes that make up the Y chromosome.

She told medical students at the annual outreach public lecture at the Royal College of Surgeons (RCSI) in Ireland a second species of human beings could even be born in the future.
"You need a Y chromosome to be male," said Prof Graves.
"Three hundred million years ago the Y chromosome had about 1,400 genes on it, and now it's only got 45 left, so at this rate we're going to run out of genes on the Y chromosome in about five million years.
"The Y chromosome is dying and the big question is what happens then."
The male Y chromosome has a gene (SRY) which switches on the development of testis and pumps out male hormones that determine maleness.
In her lecture, entitled The Decline and Fall of the Y Chromosome and the Future of Men, Prof Graves discussed the disappearance of the Y chromosome and the implications for humans.
She said it was not known what would happen once the Y chromosome disappeared.
"Humans can't become parthenogenetic [asexually reproduce], like some lizards, because several vital genes must come from the male," she continued.
"But the good news is that certain rodent species - the mole voles of Eastern Europe and the country rats of Japan - have no Y chromosome and no SRY gene.
"Yet there are still plenty of healthy male mole voles and country rats running around. Some other gene must have taken over the job and we'd like to know what that gene is."
Prof Graves is from the Australian National University, Canberra.

afro flower elephant lol! study scratch

SOURCE : BREAKINGNEWS
Back to top Go down
https://were.all-up.com
King Jerry
Universal & Hero Member
Universal & Hero Member
King Jerry

PostSubject: Re: OMG!!! Men on road to extinction !!!   OMG!!! Men on road to extinction !!! I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:17 am

lol we will be dead by then Razz
so haha to my future greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatGRANDSON
Back to top Go down
ravstar
Administrator & Legend

PostSubject: Re: OMG!!! Men on road to extinction !!!   OMG!!! Men on road to extinction !!! I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:21 am

its not a good think affraid pale
Back to top Go down
https://were.all-up.com
Chetgirl
Global Moderator
Chetgirl

PostSubject: Re: OMG!!! Men on road to extinction !!!   OMG!!! Men on road to extinction !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:19 pm

jerry

uve lagged the page :@
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG!!! Men on road to extinction !!!   OMG!!! Men on road to extinction !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OMG!!! Men on road to extinction !!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The World Of ABC :: General Category :: NEWS & STUFF-
Jump to: