The World Of ABC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World Of ABC

Site Under New Managment

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Female police officers told not to wear underwired bras on duty

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ravstar
Administrator & Legend

Female police officers told not to wear underwired bras on duty Empty
PostSubject: Female police officers told not to wear underwired bras on duty   Female police officers told not to wear underwired bras on duty I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:40 am

07 May 2009

Although body armour would stop the bullet itself, officers have been warned that the impact could force the underwiring in products like Wonderbras into their bodies.
Julia Roper-Smith, the Sergeants' National Police Women's representative of the Police Federation, gave the warning in the organisation's magazine, called Police.

Miss Roper-Smith, of Derbyshire Police, wrote: "There is no such thing as a bullet proof bra.
"Body armour has to be close fitting and you should wear a bra that does not contain metal objects.
"You should not wear underwired bras as the metal can be driven into the skin causing more damage."
The Home Office has also issued official guidance on what underwear to wear for duty.
The memo reads: "The Home Office Scientific Development Branch have always advised officers that body armour should be close fitting to the body and hard objects such as metal buttons, press studs, badges and the like should never be placed beneath body armour.
"If this advice is followed there should be no need for female officers to wear specially padded protection at the bust area as the trauma protection provided by body armour certified to HOSDB standards is sufficient to prevent serious injury - although the wearing of padded bras will not adversely affect the safety of the wearer providing they contain no metallic/plastic wiring."
"The problem only arises if an officer is shot; there should be little or no problems with any additional injury caused as a result of a knife attack as the risk of trauma injury is much greater will ballistic attack than knife attack."

Female police officers have been told not to wear underwired bras on duty.

SOURCE: GOOGLE
Back to top Go down
https://were.all-up.com
King Jerry
Universal & Hero Member
Universal & Hero Member
King Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Female police officers told not to wear underwired bras on duty   Female police officers told not to wear underwired bras on duty I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:33 am

lol
they arent even fit tho so...
Back to top Go down
ravstar
Administrator & Legend

PostSubject: Re: Female police officers told not to wear underwired bras on duty   Female police officers told not to wear underwired bras on duty I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:27 am

what are you an about there's no picture No Exclamation Question Idea Arrow
Back to top Go down
Mitshopper
Mitshopper

PostSubject: Re: Female police officers told not to wear underwired bras on duty   Female police officers told not to wear underwired bras on duty I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 8:19 am

they should have a right to wear bras! its every womens right! affraid
Back to top Go down
ravstar
Administrator & Legend

PostSubject: Re: Female police officers told not to wear underwired bras on duty   Female police officers told not to wear underwired bras on duty I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:16 am

rolf lmao ^ Razz
Back to top Go down
Chetgirl
Global Moderator
Chetgirl

PostSubject: Re: Female police officers told not to wear underwired bras on duty   Female police officers told not to wear underwired bras on duty I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:16 pm

but 4 saftey reasons i can c y
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Female police officers told not to wear underwired bras on duty   Female police officers told not to wear underwired bras on duty I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Female police officers told not to wear underwired bras on duty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The World Of ABC :: General Category :: NEWS & STUFF-
Jump to: