The World Of ABC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World Of ABC

Site Under New Managment

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spook's wife in strife over Facebook post

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkc89
Noob
Darkc89

Spook's wife in strife over Facebook post Empty
PostSubject: Spook's wife in strife over Facebook post   Spook's wife in strife over Facebook post I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 7:09 am

Quote :
THE wife of the new head of Britain's spy agency has posted pictures of her husband, family and friends on internet networking site Facebook.

The information could compromise security, a newspaper said today.

Sir John Sawers is due to take over as head of the Secret Intelligence Service in November. The SIS, popularly known as MI6, is Britain's global intelligence-gathering organisation.

In what the Mail on Sunday called an "extraordinary lapse", the new spy chief's wife, Lady Shelley Sawers, posted family pictures and exposed details of where the couple live and take their holidays and who their friends and relatives are.

The details could be viewed by any of the many millions of Facebook users around the world, but were swiftly removed once authorities were alerted by the newspaper's enquiries.

"There were fears that the hugely embarrassing blunder could have compromised the safety of Sir John's family and friends," the newspaper said.

Publishing the story on its front page and the pictures on a double-page spread, the Mail on Sunday said the information "could potentially be useful to hostile foreign powers or terrorists".

It was the latest in a string of security blunders, lapses and leaks by British officials that have embarrassed the government of embattled Prime Minister Gordon Brown.

Source: Daily Telegraph
Back to top Go down
ravstar
Administrator & Legend

PostSubject: Re: Spook's wife in strife over Facebook post   Spook's wife in strife over Facebook post I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 7:12 am

LOL NICE 2 SEE YOU POSTING BRO I NO YOU ENJOY THE G4ME5 & LIKE THE OLD DAYS ON ISO Razz
Back to top Go down
https://were.all-up.com
Master_chef
Master_chef

PostSubject: Re: Spook's wife in strife over Facebook post   Spook's wife in strife over Facebook post I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:59 am

facebook lol alot of ppl dnt like it
Back to top Go down
ravstar
Administrator & Legend

PostSubject: Re: Spook's wife in strife over Facebook post   Spook's wife in strife over Facebook post I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:59 pm

even churches & religious places have started 2 dislike it ...
Back to top Go down
https://were.all-up.com
Chetgirl
Global Moderator
Chetgirl

PostSubject: Re: Spook's wife in strife over Facebook post   Spook's wife in strife over Facebook post I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:03 pm

some ppl just make me :@

i personally love the site
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spook's wife in strife over Facebook post   Spook's wife in strife over Facebook post I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spook's wife in strife over Facebook post
Page 1 of 1