The World Of ABC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World Of ABC

Site Under New Managment

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mother banned from pool after breast feeding fiasco

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ravstar
Administrator & Legend

Mother banned from pool after breast feeding fiasco Empty
PostSubject: Mother banned from pool after breast feeding fiasco   Mother banned from pool after breast feeding fiasco I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:36 am

A mother was told to stop breastfeeding because she was contravening a leisure center's poolside food and drink ban. Laura Whotton began feeding her three-month-old son Joshua after they had a swim together, because he was hungry and starting to cry.

Both had towels draped around them as they sat on a bench by the poolside. But a male lifeguard spotted them and marched over to question Mrs Whotton. The mother of two said she had taken care to cover up and he had to ask her: 'Are you breastfeeding?' She was then told: 'You are in a public area, you can't breastfeed because there are children here.'

The shocked mother explained she was entitled to 'by law' and told him she was not indecent and not offending anyone.

She was offered a 'private room' to breastfeed Joshua but refused because she was keeping an eye on her four-year-old son Thomas, who was swimming in a nearby toddler's pool. When the lifeguard refused to back down, she decided to leave the leisure center.

A spokesman for the local authority said: 'The council's policy is to enable mothers to breastfeed in all council centres, including leisure centres. The only exception to this rule at leisure centres is in the swimming pool and surrounding area, where, in the interests of safety and hygiene, there is a policy of no food or drink.

This rule also covers breast feeding, as it would the bottle feeding of a baby.'
Now the council has given her a 'full and open apology' and has 'reviewed and amended' its breastfeeding policy.

Breast feeding in public is indecent...nothing against breast feeding mothers but get a room to do so for pete's sake.

Source: Arbroath
Back to top Go down
https://were.all-up.com
Chetgirl
Global Moderator
Chetgirl

PostSubject: Re: Mother banned from pool after breast feeding fiasco   Mother banned from pool after breast feeding fiasco I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:18 am

this is similar 2 what happened in McDonald's study
Back to top Go down
ravstar
Administrator & Legend

PostSubject: Re: Mother banned from pool after breast feeding fiasco   Mother banned from pool after breast feeding fiasco I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:49 am

^ nice find
Back to top Go down
Mitshopper
Mitshopper

PostSubject: Re: Mother banned from pool after breast feeding fiasco   Mother banned from pool after breast feeding fiasco I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:21 pm

lol! cool!
Back to top Go down
ravstar
Administrator & Legend

PostSubject: Re: Mother banned from pool after breast feeding fiasco   Mother banned from pool after breast feeding fiasco I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:11 am

its naturel but 2 reaviling Razz
Back to top Go down
Chetgirl
Global Moderator
Chetgirl

PostSubject: Re: Mother banned from pool after breast feeding fiasco   Mother banned from pool after breast feeding fiasco I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:18 pm

i dnt no what i would do has the law changed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mother banned from pool after breast feeding fiasco   Mother banned from pool after breast feeding fiasco I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mother banned from pool after breast feeding fiasco
Page 1 of 1